Metzger College stood on North Hanover in Carlisle. Metzger became part of the college in 1913 and housed women until 1961. Metzger College was the first residence for women who attended Dickinson. This site is currently occupied by a fast food restaurant, the old building having been sold and demolished.
Ladies of Metzger College in the residence garden, circa 1890
For an excellent larger version of this photograph, right-click and "view image"
photographs courtesy of Dickinson College archives
For more on Metzger Hall click here