By 1905, electricity had come to Carlisle, as had the automobiles visible in the background. Both town and college were prospering. However, the horse and bicycle were still popular among both male and female students. There seem to be a number of non-student fans at this game, but the mature clothing and blurriness of the picture make it hard to tell the age of the observers. The field is by this time a permanent playing ground, although earlier photographs show merely a fenced in field with chalk lines drawn in the dirt. The field in this picture has a set border of some sort and stands for the observers. During the 1904-1905 year, there was a movement among the student body to christen the field the Buchanan Field, after President James Buchanan, the most famous Dickinson graduate.
The coach at this time was Forrest E. Craver, who was also the physical director of the College. The captain of the team was Paul J. Davis. This photograph is interesting because it is proof that some things, like the behaviour of college students at half time, have not changed too much over the years.